TechLit Africa, short for Technologically Literate Africa, is an American 501(c)3 nonprofit founded by Nelly Cheboi and Tyler Cinnamon.
Rural Africans lack opportunities to make a living.
We equip kids in primary schools with digital skills, because digital skills can provide global opportunities.
Progress & Plans
In 2021, we expanded to 10 primary schools around Mogotio, Kenya, to begin working with over 4,000 students.
Now we are expanding to 100 more schools throughout Kenya, to begin working with another 40,000 students.
Here are some ideas to get you started. Fundraising together can be a rewarding experience for employees, or an exciting competition for colleagues.
- Holiday costume party
- Friday potluck
- Scavenger hunt
- Movie night
- Casual attire day
- Food truck for lunch
- Lunch with an executive
- Lunch field trip
- Ugly sweater contest
- Office trivia week
- Fitness challenge
- Board game tournament
How To Start
1) Create A Team Fundraising Page
- Visit techlitafrica.org/fundraise
- Create a new team with a name, description & goal
- You can edit your page any time by clicking “EDIT PAGE”
2) Plan Your Event
- Pitch your idea to leaders in your organization
- Recruit team members & volunteers
- Plan fundraising events with your team (see page 3)
- Promote your event on social media (share, share, share)
- Offer prizes and rewards for participation
- Involve the leaders in your organization
4) Wrap It Up
- Share the final results on social media
- Personally thank donors, leaders & your teammates
- Email us about your results! firstname.lastname@example.org
Payroll & Matching
Making a monthly donation to TechLit Africa through payroll deduction helps us reach as many students as possible. It’s the easiest and most efficient way to support TechLit Africa as an individual.
1) Connect With Human Resources
See if your organization already has a program set up to make monthly donations on your behalf. If they don’t, ask them how to start! Together, you and your organization can begin unlocking global opportunity in rural Africa.
2) Set Up Your Recurring Donation
Follow your organization’s steps for making automatic monthly donations.
3) Double The Impact With Matching
Ask if your organization matches charitable donations made by employees, retirees & employees’ spouses. If they don’t, ask them how to start! Together, you and your organization can make double the impact.